If you are looking for a new job, you are probably applying to a huge amount of jobs online and emailing your resume to any recruiter and employer that you can think up. Employment sites, job boards, niche sites, social networks, recruiting firms – there are too many career resources out there to count!
If you’ve been on the job hunt for a long time, you might be asking “Is my resume going into the garbage?” The scary thing is, that perception may not be far from the truth.
Applicant tracking systems are the computer technology that employers and recruiters use to keep track of thousands of resumes and open jobs. When your email your resume to employers and recruiters, you are very likely doing little but submitting your resume into one of these large applicant databases. There might be millions of other candidates!
It’s not surprising therefore that job application has become somewhat of a numbers game. You need to get your resume to a lot of recruiters and employers by properly keywording your resume and then distributing that resume into as many databases as possible. Job search is still about creating a very highly quality resume, social media presence, and strong brand statement; however, a certain level of quantity is required.
Applying manually to jobs and emailing resumes to recruiters directly is a lot of work… How do you email your resume to a huge number of people and get your resume into the hands of a lot of recruiters all at once? Fortunately, there are a number of resume services for just that – resume distribution services that can be a valuable job search tool (kind of like mass marketing meets job search.)
Here is a quick list of ten companies offering resume distribution. Note: the summary has been taken from their websites. Use this list to check out some of the top resume distribution companies on the web.
- ForwardYourResume: ForwardYourResume.com is the only major resume distribution review website that does not accept advertising or free services. We have been on the web since 2001 and have helped 100′s of job seekers connect with recruiters, hiring managers and companies looking for talent.
- GorillaBlaster: GorillaBlaster.com, a powerful and innovativeresume distribution tool, helps Job Seekers gain visibility and get exposure with Corporate Employers and third party Executive Recruiters.
- JobsByFax: Get 10+ employers calling you to interview in the next 72 hours. You Choose From Our Database of 3,626,344 Direct Hiring Employers
- MyResumeAgent: myResumeAgent makes even the most challenging job searches easy, reducing the time job seekers spend on traditional methods of marketing their skills and experience by up to 78%
- ResumeArrow: Using ResumeArrow, you will reach recruiters looking for people with your qualifications and whose positions may not be advertised through traditional channels.
- ResumeDeliver: Resume distribution is an effective way to find a job. Put your resume in the hands of thousands of targeted recruiters and hiring companies that have current job openings. They are waiting for your resume now.
- ResumeExposure: The Best Method to Land Your Ideal Job. Proactive resume distribution to a recruiter’s email inbox is up to 20 times more effective than simply posting your resume to a job board then hoping someone finds it. High quality Recruiter database.
- ResumeRabbit: Post your resume on up to 86 of the top job posting sites now! Our resume posting features save you over 60 hours of data entry time. Find top jobs, specialty jobs, high paying jobs quickly with our fast resume posting service.
- ResumeSpider: Be Seen by Recruiters and Hiring Managers. Resumespider matches you with companies that are looking for people with your skills, in your chosen locations and industries. Once matched, your resume will be emailed to these companies each month.
- ResumeZapper: By coming to ResumeZapper.com you have just taken the first step in proactively taking control of your career. Now more than ever we’re all hearing the talk of recession, rightsizing, downsizing, mergers and acquisitions etc. The people who get ahead in today’s corporate environment are those that proactively take control of their careers!
Companies that offer resume distribution services vary in the scope of their recruiter database, and their methods for distribution. In general, look for resume services that can email your resume to a large network of employers and recruiters, and offer the recruiters targeted distribution. Although resume distribution is the “quantity” part of your job search, it still pays to make sure you find a quality service to email resumes for you, and that the company has a high level of customer service and support.
If you do end up using a resume sending service, hopefully it will provide job leads for years to come, as your resume should end up in the applicant databases of thousands of major employers and recruiting firms. Best of luck to you in your job search!
Please note that Recruiter.com has assembled this list as a simple resource for job seekers. It does not imply any association to any of these sites, nor does it advocate any of these sites in particular. No affiliate links are used in this list, but of course any of the companies listed here may have an existing or future business relationship with Recruiter.com. Of course, when you are searching for a job, the last thing you want is poor service and high costs – so make sure that you examine every career resource available to you to make an informed decision!