Applicant Tracking Systems
Most Popular Applicant Tracking Systems
We provide a list of some of the best applicant tracking vendors for you to choose from. This list is not all-inclusive and there are many new applicant tracking system startups popping up all the time, since it's such a critical component of the modern business tech stack.
There are many benefits that come with purchasing an ATS, but there are also limitations. Make sure any applicant tracking systems work to meet the specific needs of your organization and employees (especially if you’re in a specialized or regulated field like healthcare, legal, or security). If it doesn’t, you will only be wasting time and money implementing a new talent acquisition tool.
Knowledge is power! Do your research! The below list will give you options, so all that’s left for you to do is find the one that best suits your business.
The recruitment & employer branding ATS The new way to attract, nurture and hire top talent. Grow faster by focusing on what matters the most — your candidates
Breezy’s applicant tracking system gives your team everything it needs to advertise jobs, attract talent & make better hiring decisions in less time. Ditch your outdated ATS, upgrade your hiring.
Applicant Tracking Systems - FAQs
ATS - Common Features
- Posting job descriptions on a career site
- Open job management and tracking
- Rank applicants automatically and/or by tagging
- Employee onboarding
- Integration with popular job boards
- Reduction of data entry through workflows
- Performance metrics reporting
- Candidate experience evaluation and reporting
- Listing of candidate profiles on social media
- Candidate profiles creation
- Staffing agencies job assignment and distribution
- Email integration (Microsoft Outlook / Gmail)
- Hiring funnel / stage examination and reporting
- Permission sets for HR managers and external service providers
- Interview schedules viewing and setting
- Background screening and documentation to onboard employees
- AI tools for sourcing and matching talent
- Hiring needs surveying and identification
- Social recruiting / social media job posting and LinkedIn Recruiter integration
What's the Purpose of an Applicant Tracking System?
You're probably already using an applicant tracking system, but are you using the right one? Or perhaps you are using spreadsheets, a stray Airtable or Salesforce hack, or some other manual method of tracking your applicants. When you're just starting up your business, this approach is adequate, but when you have multiple hiring managers and a more sophisticated recruitment process, you will want to invest in a good applicant tracking system.
With so many applicant tracking and recruiting software options available, it can be hard to find the best fit for your company. That's why we've put together this research for you - in this article, you'll learn about the best applicant tracking systems and other important information to help streamline the selection process of buying a new ATS.
Applicant tracking systems help you manage candidates throughout the hiring process and assist with the sourcing process by helping find better quality candidates that are actively looking for jobs, resulting in lower turnover and better retention rates. The streamlined workflows help with sharing information among team members to increase communication within the hiring process which allows for higher quality hires. Customizable functionality allows you to have success with your own strategy, selecting the tools that are best for you. ATS also helps with being more productive by streamlining the hiring process.
Keep in mind, an ATS is only as good as what you put into it so make sure to customize your strategy and workflows to be successful!
Addl Features of Applicant Tracking System Software
Modern applicant tracking system software helps with better sourcing of candidates, creation of custom applicant workflows, automatic job postings to job boards, and more customizable tools to automate your hiring and talent acquisition process. This means you can process and nurture a higher volume of qualified candidates. The right applicant tracking software can be of real strategic importance to your recruiting process, ultimately allowing your talent acquisition team and/or hiring manager to engage with more targeted job seekers and onboard the right people and talent to your company.
Here are some of the more important features of modern applicant tracking systems. Most ATS vendors will try to capture these functions. Rank each vendor on these features based on your individual needs and use case:
- Candidate management
- Candidate relationship management
- Job description optimization
- Job posting to job boards
- Post jobs to social media sites
- Performance management
- Campaigning to passive candidates
- HRIS / employee engagement or other tech stack integration
- Hiring team collaboration on open positions
- Human recruiter (third party agency) sourcing
- Career site/employer brand functionality
- Interview scheduling
- Surfacing/ranking best candidates
- Candidate sourcing or database
- AI / Smart search tools
- Video interviews
- Resume parsing
- Mobile app
- Blind screening and other diversity / DEI features
- New hires paperwork / electronic signatures
- Hiring experience / candidate surveys
- Third-party applications or marketplace
- Monthly subscription or billed annually
Talent Acquisition Technology - Further Resources
How ATS Software Scores Resumes
Written from the perspective of the job seeker, this article discusses how to add keyword-rich resumes for the purpose of getting ranked well by ats software from corporations. Read more...
Best Practices in Employee Referrals
Employee referrals are powerful tools to recruit, and oftentimes lead to higher-quality applicants. It's important to track these referrals inside your ats. Read more...
Posting to Multiple Job Boards
ATS software can help distribute your job postings to multiple job boards. There are specialized job distribution and recruitment marketing agency providers that integrate with human resource information system platforms. Read more...
AI and HRIS
Modern human resource information systems (HRIS) integrate with chat, artificial intelligence (sourcing / screening), and more. Automate your screening, interviewing, and engagement with candidates. Read more...
Improving your Entire Employee Lifecycle
Examining how to effectively compete against top employers, this article describes how HR professionals at small and midsize employers can win for the war for talent. Read more...
Job Board Resources for Hiring
Most cloud based recruiting software integrates with job boards for recruitment advertising and promotion. This article discusses the pros and cons of various job board providers, comparing niche and major or general job sites. Read more...
Working with Hiring Managers
Hiring managers typically know what they want in job applicants - but they don't necessarily express themselves correctly to the talent acquisition team. Here are some common hiring manager mistakes; if you're part of the recruiting team, coach your hiring managers on these best practices. Read more...