25 Movie Quotes to Inspire Your Recruiting Practices
There is ample time to talk about tech, culture and hiring practices. Take a break from whatever productive thing you’re trying to accomplish, and check out how some of the greatest movie quotes of all time that will sink into your inner recruiter dialogue. Then, get back to work! Oh, and please leave your own movie quotes in the comments section below. Enjoy…
1. On getting creepy with a candidate.
- “My Precious” -The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
2. When you ask, “Do you have any questions for me?” during the interview.
- “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a d—n.” -Gone With the Wind
3. Your attitude going into the job offer.
- “I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.” -The Godfather
4. Take the offer. Take the offer. Take the offer.
- “Go ahead, make my day.” -Sudden Impact
5. They didn’t take the offer.
- “I coulda been a contender. I could’ve been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.” -On the Waterfront
6. They did take the offer.
- “I’m the king of the world!” -Titanic
7. How you feel the first time you do a video interview.
- “Alright Mr. DeMille, I’m ready for my close-up.” -Sunset Blvd.
8. On recruiting and HR conferences.
- “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.” -The Godfather II
9. First night at the conference.
- “Fasten your seat belts, it’s going to be a bumpy night.” -All About Eve
10. The morning after your first night at the conference, when you’ve forgotten your badge five hotels away.
- “Badges? We ain’t got no badges! We don’t need no badges! I don’t have to show you any stinking badges!” -The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
11. Everyday with your hiring manager.
- “What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate.” -Cool Hand Luke
12. On entry-level positions that require a degree, two-years experience and magic wand.
- “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore.” -Network
13. How you feel when you finally get how to use your new ATS.
- “Bond. James Bond.” -Dr. No
14. How you feel when all the resumes come in from that “wider net” that everyone was telling you to cast.
- “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.” -Jaws
15. What one sourcer said to the other sourcer.
- “Round up the usual suspects.” -Casablanca
16. How you feel about the company career page.
- “If you build it, he will come.” -Field of Dreams
17. On your interview waiting room.
- “I see dead people” -The Sixth Sense
18. Your client, on every candidate ever.
- “Well, nobody’s perfect.” -Some Like it Hot
19. You finally got the company Twitter page up.
- “It’s alive. It’s alive!” -Frankenstein
20. When you accidentally tweet from the wrong account.
- “Houston, we have a problem.” -Apollo 13
21. On interviewing someone half your age.
- “You’ve got to ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well do ya, punk?” -Dirty Harry
- “You had me at ‘Hello’” -Jerry Maguire
23. When a late candidate’s interview runs over your lunch break.
- “As God as my witness, I’ll never be hungry again!” -Gone with the Wind
24. When the candidate asks about drug testing.
- “Hasta la vista, baby.” -Terminator II
25. On hiring STEM candidates.
- “Open the pod bay doors, Hal!” -2001: A Space Odyssey
Post your resume to the largest network of recruiters and employers on the planet. START