Bullhorn Releases “A Numbers Game” 2014 North American Staffing and Recruiting Report
Recruiting software company Bullhorn recently released the findings of its fourth annual staffing and recruiting trends survey. The 2014 North American Staffing and Recruiting Report analyzes industry insights by firm size, recruitment type, industry, role recruited, and role of respondent. The survey of more than 1,300 agency recruitment professionals is designed to help recruiters determine where they stand in relation to their peers.
Key findings from this year’s report include:
- A whopping 77 percent of respondents met or exceeded their revenue goals in 2013, which was more than 2012, 2011, and 2010.
- Three-quarters (75%) of firms plan to grow headcount in 2014, compared to 82 percent in 2013.
- Just 23 percent of surveyed recruiters’ firms plan to launch new offices in 2014, compared to 48 percent last year.
- Firms that consider recruiting technology important are more than twice as likely to open new branch locations in 2014.
- For the third year in a row, total number of placements was the most important metric for recruiting agencies.
- The average fill rate across all respondents was 46 percent.
- Average hit rate increased for agency recruiters, from 33 percent in 2012 to 40 percent in 2013.
- The average time-to-fill in 2013 was 6 days for temp, 8 days for contract, and 32 days for perm.
- 71 percent of those surveyed admit to having a shortage of skilled candidates in their respective sectors for 2014 compared to 76 percent for 2013.
- The best source of qualified candidates for 2013 was existing candidates from respondents’ applicant tracking systems, followed by referrals and social media.
To learn more about the report and download a FREE copy, click here.