Job Title: Avionics Software Engineer III
Job Location: Endicott, NY
Job Type: Full-time role
· With our client, they take the tagline “Ideas to Reality” very seriously. Joining with our client is an opportunity to advance humankind through technological and scientific discovery. Our dedicated workforce is diverse-in background, experience, skills, and interests. Our client’s employees are encouraged to be courageous and innovative in their ideas and work collaboratively to help develop cutting-edge technology and inventions that make future dreams a reality. Our client offers a supportive & unique culture, positive work environment, and flexible work schedules that empower its employees to achieve their maximum potential.
· Our client is looking for Engineers skilled with software design of embedded products to join our team to help design, develop, and certify engine and flight control systems. The full system development process involves Requirements development in Word, Software Development in Embedded Real Time Environment, and verification testing in the Greenhills Integrated Development Environment. Work together with Hardware and Systems Engineering to create software solutions to safety critical engine and flight control systems. There are multiple positions available from entry-level candidates through the experienced Control Systems Engineer. Connect with our client to explore the possibilities of joining our exciting team!
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS):
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent with minimum 3 years’ experience
· Experience with Embedded software environments such as VxWorks or similar real time toolset
· Excellent interpersonal skills including working in team environments
· Excellent verbal communication skills - must be able to communicate effectively in teleconferences with suppliers, clients and colleagues
· Experience with Software Requirements Development
· Experience using Green Hills, Visual C or similar Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
· Experience creating Device Drivers
· Experience with Board Support Packages (BSP)
· Experience with Data Bus control PCI Express (PCIe), Ethernet, SPI
· Experience with Analog to Digital ADC and DAC converters
· Experience with serial communications such as CAN, ARINC, MIL-STD-1553, or RS-232/422
· Experience with Configuration systems such as IBM Rational Synergy and/or Apache Subversion (SVN)
· Experience with Requirements Tools such as IBM Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.