Title: Behavioral Health Counselor – Goldendale, WA
# of Positions: 1
Schedule: Full time
Klickitat Valley Health is a nonprofit care provider, operated by Public Hospital District #1 of Klickitat County, Washington and owned by the citizens of the district. The KVH Campus encompasses several facilities that include Klickitat Valley Hospital, KVH Family Medicine, and Home Health & Hospice.
Community support for our latest bond measure in 2005 funded a 20,000 sq. ft. Hospital addition that includes a new Diagnostic Imaging Department and enlarged Emergency Services capacity, along with numerous technology and facility upgrades.
The Behavioral Health Counselor is one who provides professional counseling services within the mission, values and goals of the organization. The Counselor will work with children, adolescents, adults, and families to promote good therapy outcomes. The Counselor provides assessment, individual, group and family therapy; as well as diagnosis of patients experiencing serious mental and/or emotional disorders. The Counselor works with other Behavioral Health providers and Family Medicine staff to achieve integrated care and optimal outcomes for the patient.
At KVH Family Medicine, we are seeking to develop a strong behavioral healthcare team. Our goal is to provide integrated care to our patients by collaborating with Primary Care Providers, Care Managers, other counselors, and community partners. We believe patients heal when they have multiple sources of care and community support. With both our patients and staff, we seek to use a trauma-informed model of care that emphasizes strengths, encourages processing of traumas and relationship problems, and reduces likelihood of burnout. We believe behavioral health counselors perform best when they are in a work environment that includes: professional development and support, encouragement of self-care, and placing a high value in each counselor developing their unique therapeutic style.
- Master’s degree in counseling psychology, clinical social work, marriage and family counseling, or equivalent degree
Minimum Work Experience
- At least two years’ of clinical experience providing behavioral health services
- Current licensure to practice as Mental Health Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Clinical Social Worker in the State of Washington or ability to obtain within 60 days.
- Knowledge of ethical standards, principles and practices of social work, counseling, and human behavior.
- Knowledge of clinical assessment techniques, interviewing and other information gathering practices.
- Ability to make independent clinical judgments.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with staff, colleagues, and other community partners.
- Ability to maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing.
General Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
- Serves as a member of the treatment team, providing assessment, individual, group, and family therapy, as well as diagnosis of patients experiencing a variety of mental/emotional disorders within the infrastructure of Klickitat Valley Health Family Medicine Clinic.
- Develops, implements, and modifies client treatment plans.
- Follows KVH procedures regarding the provision of patient care and documentation.
- Completes patient program and billing records in a timely manner and in accordance with all applicable standards, regulations, or requirements that may be set forth by contract.
- Works in an integrated fashion with other disciplines, diagnosing problems, formulating treatment plans, and evaluating patient progress.
- Provides input for the formulation of Behavioral Health policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in delivery of behavioral health services, regulatory requirements, and political/professional initiatives.
- Identifies staff training needs and recommends professional development as needed.
- Attends workshops, meetings, conferences and serves on committees that support scope of employment within reasonable timeframes and expectations.
- Participates in community welfare activities and serves as liaison to other agencies