Data Services is the team within *** which manages and shepherds data through the entire lifecycle of a class action or similar matter, such as a mass tort claim. Each case, while unique, undergoes a similar lifecycle and series of operations, including initial gathering/scrubbing/loading of client data, notifying potential class members, receiving claim information, computing and disbursing settlement amounts, and so on. Each of these steps will be reflected by and/or have material effect on the underlying case data. The Business System Analyst (BSA) is responsible for understanding the requirements for a particular case, or step of a case, and determining how those functional requirements translate into technical specifications. The BSA translates functional requirements into a technical statement of work from which developers can code solutions. The BSA works directly with Client Services, Technical Project Managers, Data Analysts, QC Analysts, other BSAs, department Team Leads, and others to understand all aspects of the case and to determine and document the data-oriented solution.
* Understand the entire lifecycle of a class action or similar matter, determine what data is required based on functional requirements, and define how that data and business rules will translate to internal applications.
* Develop and publish technical specifications, technical requirements, and other documentation, as required.
* Design data mappings and transformations which will be used to drive ETL procedures.
* Work with QC Analysts to design testing strategies and plans to ensure all outcomes are as expected.
* Using tools such as Excel, Access, SQL Server, and others, directly query, assess, and analyze data to ensure requirements are being met.
* Serve as liaison between Client Services (business) and Data Analysts (technical) teams to keep production work flowing smoothly.
* Work with Technical Project Managers to ensure all required steps and actions are captured in project plans, and that project timelines seem reasonable.
* Lead, conduct, or consult in user acceptance test exercises to ensure results are acceptable and meet requirements.
* Follow prescribed software development standards, processes, procedures, methodologies, etc., according to departmental policies and conventions.
* Interact and correspond professionally with team members, project management, clients, and other stakeholders.
* Account for and accurately log time against project work.
* Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience.
* Experience as Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Process Specialist, or other role where business functional requirements are captured and decomposed.
* Proficient with MS Office tools, particularly Excel.
* Experience with relational databases and ability to comprehend moderately complex SQL logic desired.
* Basic understanding of data modeling and data organization desired.
* Basic understanding of and experience with extract, transform, load (ETL) concepts, tools, and practices desired.
* Ability to work in an environment with immediate deadlines and shifting priorities.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; able to adjust for intended audience. Fluent in English.
Integrity - Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what she/he commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
Client Focus - Takes action with the clients, both internal and external, and sees their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback.
Results-Driven - Sets stretch goals for personal and team accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked; does more than what is normally required in a situation; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
Entrepreneurial Orientation - Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
Decisiveness - Makes well-informed, effective and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; has the ability to make tough decisions.
Work is fast-paced and performed in an office environment with extensive contact with clients and employees. The industry we serve demands the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism in safeguarding client and project information. Highly effective Class Action and Claims Solutions and Corporate Services associates thrive on being in an environment that rewards the following critical success factors:
1. Adaptability: Appropriately reacting to changing situations without a loss of effectiveness and enthusiasm for strategic initiatives and corporate goals.
2. Analysis: Identifying problems and causes or analyzing how processes and procedures could be improved, collecting relevant information and identifying possible solutions.
3. Attention to Detail: Appropriately completing all of the individual tasks accurately or according to workflow/process guidelines with an emphasis on reaching or exceeding quality standards.
4. Creativity: Being inventive, imaginative and innovative.
5. Development of Others: Providing the means for others to grow and develop personally and professionally within and across departments.
6. Energy: Maintaining a fast, active pace in the normal course of a day.
7. Flexibility: Going into situations without preconceived notions with a willingness to assess various options in order to determine a course of action.
8. Integrity: Strict adherence to job-related standards, values or norms.
9. Learning Ability: Understanding and applying new information.
10. Listening. Hearing and comprehending verbal messages and confirming back what you hear.
11. Team Player: Functioning as an active member of a group while maintaining focus on your individual contributions and responsibilities.
12. Verbal and Written Communication: Effective oral, written and nonverbal expression without preparation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
* Position requires no significant manual labor.
* Position does require moderate standing, sitting, carrying and walking.
* Position requires infrequent lifting, repetitive bending and/or moving.
* Position requires close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
* Position requires talking and listening to communications with clients and employees.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.