Cardiac Electrophysiology Technologist Job Summary: Monitors, circulates, and scrubs under the direction of an Electrophysiologist and/or physician's assistant. Assists in the activities ensuring the appropriate functioning of the Electrophysiology labs and reinforces patient and family teaching.
- Associate's degree in Science Degree or comparable work experience. Cardiovascular Technology or Radiology preferred
- RCES or RCIS (RCES credential must be obtained two years after employment begins)
- Preferred License: RCES or Heart Rhythm Society Certification in Electrophysiology and/or Cardiac Rhythm Devices
- Two years EP Tech experience in an acute care setting and demonstrated experience in hemodynamic and cardiac monitoring.
- Experience in an Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab or EP Lab preferred.
Candidates MUST have acute care hospital experience.
Orientation Schedule: 90 days
Monthly Department Volume: 155 procedures/month. 2 labs currently; 3rd lab starting construction this summer
Types of Services: EP
Skills from other units that they feel will prepare the candidate for their unit: Previous Cath Lab experience, Interventional Radiology
Current Coverage: Three full-time techs
Type of culture (management style) of director or on the floor: works closely together; team oriented, each have own job but rotate through. Everybody does everything and rotates, even the nurses. One group of physicians who are part of hospital; very engaged, joke around and respect RNs and Techs. Lower turnover in department.
Shift: Days, small call requirements 4 hrs Saturday/Sunday
Will you accept pending license: RCES within two years