Salary range from $22.39-$31.34
Certified Lead Surgical Technologist Austin, TX
SHIFT: Full Time Nights (rotating weekends)
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute care facility with 334 beds, offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes all of the capabilities and programmatic elements of a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care with Level I and II nurseries; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
The Senior Surgical Technologist, under the direct Supervision of the Charge Nurse of Surgery, and the direction of the Manager of Surgery, accepts overall responsibility for a designated surgical area. The Senior Technologist is responsible for assuring all equipment, supplies and instruments are available and operational. Ensures accuracy and organization of equipment and instruments. The Lead Technologist is responsible for training and mentoring other staff. Serves as a role model to other staff by demonstrating positive, effective communication skills and the ICARE Values. The Surgical Technologist functions under direction of the Registered Nurse and Physician to facilitate the safe and effective completion of invasive surgical procedures. The Senior Surgical Technologist possesses extensive knowledge of aseptic technique, human anatomy, surgical procedures and current technology used to facilitate a Physician’s performance of invasive therapeutic, emergent and diagnostic procedures. The Senior Technologist serves as preceptor and teaches other less experienced Surgical Techs and RNs. The Senior Technologist takes an active involvement in Unit Meetings and In Services.
- LEVEL OF FORMAL EDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing is required: LVN or Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
- LICENSED/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED? X YES NO
- Licensed Vocational Nurse by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners, or Certified Surgical Technologist. BLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Five years recent experience as a LVN and or, CST with demonstrated competency in multiple inpatient and outpatient surgical specialties. Experience in Orthopedics, Robotics, General, Neuro, Urology, GYN and CV.
- EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Surgical Services – Operating Room.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.