Title: CHARGE Cath Lab RN – Lee’s Summit, MO
# of Positions: 1
Schedule: : Monday – Friday (7a-3:30p). (No weekends)
Cath Lab nurses are experts at providing compassionate care and preparing patients undergoing various cardiac procedures such as catheterization and angioplasty. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
· Under the general direction of the Director, Manager or Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
· Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care is in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice and the generic and unit structure standards
About this unit:
· Procedures include Left Heart Caths, pace makers, right heart caths, monitor recorder implants, impella, Specializations to heart and more.
· Level II Stemi Center, Primary Chest Pain Center Designation
· 2 Procedural areas(IR and Vascular)
· Smaller facility gives you an opportunity to see all procedures including IR, and grow your knowledge around a variety of devices
Must have a current MO RN license upon hire or a current multistate RN license. If only a multistate RN license is provided upon hire, a MO RN license will be required within 90 days of employment.
BLS required upon hire
ACLS certification required within 6 months of employment.
Minimum of one year Cath Lab experience required 2-3 years preferred
Charge experience – no required
On Call Required and must have the ability to report to LSMC within 30 minutes of call back.
4-5 cases per day
80 beds – 300 physician – 500+ staff
2 procedural areas IR and Vascular