Branchburg, NJ 08876
Status: Full time/40 hours per week
Shift: 6-pm-6am OR 6am-6pm after training (Must be flexible)
***Will be an operator for BOTH NJ & PA sites***
- Drives a culture of “Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time” with their actions and their words on a daily basis.
- Responsible for decontamination, assembly and leak testing of assets utilized for chemical manufacturing
- Supports manufacturing activities by assisting with organizing, staging and cleaning manufacturing equipment and production areas to improve productivity and cleanliness.
- Participates in departmental housekeeping and safety audits.
- Meets the day to day quality, production and productivity goals of the company.
- Effectively prioritizes their daily tasks working with the Leads and Production Supervisors.
- Participates in monthly safety meetings and promote a safe work environment.
- Maintains accurate inventory and waste handling.
- Successfully completes all assigned training.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area by actively participating in housekeeping responsibilities.
- Assists in resolving routine manufacturing and/or maintenance related problems affecting daily operations.
- Assists in troubleshooting machine operations/processes to improve efficiency
- Communicates concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business.
- Miscellaneous duties as requested
- Fitness for duty; e.g. ability to lift 50 pounds, ability to climb ladders, ability to medically pass a respiratory test and physical test in order to wear a full face respirator as required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be and remain clean shaven and able to wear a full face tight fitting respirator and a fully encapsulated (Level A) ER suit.
- Pass pre-employment testing, drug screening and background check
- High School diploma or GED
- Demonstrate ability to obtain proper assistance when confronted with problem situations
- Demonstrated positive attitude and safety-first attitude
- Ability to learn technical chemical processes quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business
- Ability to perform technical troubleshooting to resolve process issues
- Required to be an active member of the emergency response team
- Two or more years of experience in a chemical process operations environment as a process or production technician
- Associates degree in Chemical Processing
- 3+ years of chemical handling
- Knowledge of root cause investigation process and methodology
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean manufacturing
- Military experience with Nuclear, Electronics, or Mechanical training
Day to day operations:
- Safety PPE.
- Nomex coveralls or uniform.
- Steel toe boots.
- PacIII or PAC7000.
- Leather, cut resistant, and nitrile gloves.
- PAPR (Particulate Air Purifying Respirator).
- Kevlar sleeves.
- Working 12 hour shifts
- Arrive 10 minutes early to get “Dressed and ready” for work and relieve outgoing shift (this includes being clean shaven to wear respirator)
- Receive turnover and do startup checklist, prepare for operations by testing/inspecting equipment before use.
- Read SOP (Standard operating procedure) or work instruction.
- Purge and evacuate equipment to prep for cleaning by following SOP.
- Disassemble equipment using pneumatic wrench and hand tools.
- Remove buildup from equipment inner walls by using steel brushes or air chisel.
- Replace disposable (single-use) equipment components
- Reassemble equipment and make sure it is ready for production use.
- Prepare equipment for transportation to other areas of facility (includes moving equipment) with hoisting device
- Go through steps again on next set of equipment and repeat until break or work hours are complete.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.