Summary of Position
Independently or with minimal supervision, assists the Engineer in application of principles, methods, and techniques of engineering technology by performing the following duties. Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving planning and conducting a project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and analyzes a variety of engineering data to determine requirements to meet engineering objectives; may calculate design data.
- Prepares surveying and field testing instructions and maps.
- Prepares layout for complete drawing package and assists in selecting and preparing applicable standard details.
- Assists in developing and preparing non-standard and complex design details.
- Uses computerized design software and other relevant computerized tools to prepare design assignments.
- Working knowledge of the use and function of a Nuclear Density Meter.
- Possess a working knowledge of groundwater monitoring practices and principals.
- Practical experience with basic geotechnical testing methods and procedures.
- Background with environmental regulatory compliance and management in the fields of groundwater, surface water, air, and solid waste.
- Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification Required
- Nuclear Density Meter Certification
- 5+ years of environmental design using AutoCAD, Civil3D
- FAA Remote Pilot Certification preferred