Under close supervision, assists project and design engineers as well as surveyors by performing routine tasks requiring fundamental knowledge of engineering and surveying principles.
- AutoCAD experience required (5-10 years) with emphasis in Civil 3D and Carlson preferred
- Strong work-ethic
- Ability to work in teams and communicate well with others
- Desire to refine skills and improve efficiency
- Desire to learn new software and expand knowledge of CAD/GIS related programs
- Desire to take pride in, and ownership for one's own work
- Ability to manage one's time well
Typical tasks to be performed include:
- Prepare drawings and perform repetitive calculations such as those required for civil engineering plans and quantities.
- Prepare municipal survey plats for surveyor review
- From field notes, sketches and field measurements, prepare CAD drawings of topographic, improvement and as-built surveys
- Assemble and modify standard details to accommodate basic project requirements.
- Prepare project layouts and details from engineer's sketches and design calculations.
- Draw detailed dimensional drawings for grading and associated features.
- Use design software and other tools to perform roadway plan/profile, grading plans, earthwork calculations, utility plans, and site plans that comply with regulatory codes and owners' requirements.
High school diploma required; associate degree in related engineering discipline preferred; or equivalent combination of education and 5-10 years of relevant experience.