Seeks a professional civil engineer with a specialization in stormwater hydraulics and hydrology to be part of a growing stormwater team. Our specialized regional expertise includes playa lakes and draws in the Texas and New Mexico plains as well as high velocity flows in mountainous areas near El Paso.
Our new team member will support and enhance our range of expertise in a wide range of stormwater related work. This position could be increased to a project manager position for a candidate with suitable experience and managerial skills. Working from our Lubbock office is preferred but we are willing to consider a team member in any of our offices.
Typical Projects for Our Team
- Hydrologic and hydraulic 1D and 2D modeling as support for floodplain analyses and for design of conveyance and detention infrastructure.
- Preparing plans and specifications; providing bid support and project administration for drainage infrastructure projects.
- Drainage Master Planning for cities and for public and private developments.
- LOMR and CLOMR applications.
- Floodplain and stormwater quality management assistance for cities, including FEMA, CRS and TPDES program assistance.
- Sediment transport in conjunction with our other projects.
- Permitting related to our projects.
- Frequent clients include TxDOT, cities, counties, private developers, airports, and economic development corporations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with other disciplines, clients, subconsultants and regulators.
- Ability to organize teams, manage work, mentor other team members and delegate tasks.
- Can keep sight of the overall scope yet still pay attention to the details.
- Strong work ethic and enthusiasm for learning.
- Commitment to a high standard of quality work and accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required.
- Professional engineer registration in Texas or ability to acquire through reciprocity. New Mexico or Oklahoma registration a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the types of projects listed above.
- Additional desirable experience would include expertise in dams, stream restoration, stormwater BMP design, sediment transport or other water resources skills.
- Experience with regulatory programs such as FEMA NFIP, US ACE, NPDES/TPDES.
- 1D and 2D modeling software such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS 5.0, FLO-2D, SWMM, ICPRv4
- Software including AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS.
- Project management experience preferred.