Purpose of this position: The purpose of this position is to provide nursing management, set resident care standards for all direct care providers and provide complete supervision and management for the nursing department.
· Registered Nurse licensed by the Virginia Board of Nursing and CPR certification
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree preferred
· Proven experience as DON preferred
· In-depth knowledge of PDPM and ACOs for reimbursement and strategies impacting census and revenue as well as best practices in healthcare and legal regulations to include federal, state and local.
· Person Centered Care experience preferred with demonstrated compassion and delivering proper care to residents.
· Leadership & Development experience to include, but not limited to, conflict/problem solving management, people management, performance management, recognition, stress management and payroll management.
· Effective communication with residents, team members, families and the broader community.
Delegation of authority:
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
· Interview, hire and terminate adequate nursing personnel
· Set resident care standards in accordance with accepted current standards of care to provide high quality care/life for residents
· Develop and implement policies and procedures for nursing care of residents
· Supervise and manage all aspects of the nursing department
· Assess, direct and supervise residents’ care needs
· Collaborate with administration to assure efficient, cost-effective operation of the facility
The position reports to: Health Services Leader
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.