machinist for toolmaking CNC for mills/EDM etc.
- Is this position a 1st shift? Yes first shift
Tool Making Supervisor
Summary - Job Responsibilities – Activities:
Program, set up and operate a computer numerical control (CNC) machine to produce machined parts.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints and checking material stock.
- Calculating requirements including basic math, geometry, trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set up mills by installing and adjusting chucks, tools, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops and stock pushers.
- Load material.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part and sample pieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing cutting, drilling, grooving, turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations.
- Troubleshoot processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; following quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Address preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshoot malfunctions and request repairs.
- Other duties as assigned
Education - Experience:
* High school diploma or Equivalent
* Programming or operation experience of CNC mills, EDMs, or Surface Grinders.
* Technical school or training related to CNCs.
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
· Toolmaking, General machining skills, CNC for mills, EDM and or surface grinding experience.
· Detail Oriented
· Verbal Communication
· Tooling Setup