The Big Data Analyst will work within the Data Platform and will be charged with delivering actionable data insights from Disney’s large and diverse set of first and third party data sources. This data will come from every aspect of the user journey and product experience - user on-boarding, registration, personalization, ad-sales. Data models will be both implicit and explicit. The primary objective will be to apply modern big data techniques to discover patterns in user behavior that can be leveraged to drive three main metrics – user frequency, user engagement and revenue yield. Further, you will be tasked with building models to segment and cluster consumers based on vast amount of digital and broadcast content – marrying these models with user behavior patterning to deliver personalized, unique experiences to each Disney consumers.
• Stake holder interviews to build self-serve analytical framework – requirements may include consumer engagement as well as digital ad engagements across all products.
• Selecting methods for performing advanced data analysis.
• Extensive big data analysis and come up with logic to build analytical dimensions and metrics using Hive, Spark QL or Scripting Languages such as Python.
• Document logic in order to help engineering team to implement them.
• Build statistical models using tools specified above.
• Cleary communicate design & development strategies to all stake holders, educate them as and when needed.
• Establishes supports and maintains standards of the analytics and data analytics process.
• Work with engineering team to build infrastructure designed to facilitate the construction of models and the exposure of those models to end users throughout the company.
• Work with engineering team to automate daily monitoring of models in production, help troubleshoot issues and make necessary improvements as needed.
• Performing ad hoc analysis, interpreting and communicating results in a clear manner
• Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Evangelize the work product of the data science function within the company - both upward to executive management and across to peers and constituent groups.
• Coordinate and execute experiments and create frameworks to support those experiments designed to inform both the strategic and tactical initiatives of the Product team.
• Assist in the preparation of presentations and formal analysis in support of executive decision making and strategy development.
• Understands complex source systems in order to recreate different scenarios for testing and analysis.
• Participates in ensuring that assigned projects adhere to agreed-upon functional specification and applicable testing standards.
• Uses ingenuity in applying analytical techniques and organizational skills to identifying and evaluating alternatives and to developing recommended approaches to resolving issues with ongoing process improvement.
• First-hand experience – Have 6+ years of professional experience as a Data Analyst mining large scale data and transform data points to knowledge.
• Data ninja – Must be hands-on on data analysis tools and frameworks such as SQL, Hive, Spark QL or Python to analyze any amount of data to solve business requirements, feed in to engineering team to build data transformations, and ensure data is transformed and loaded accordingly.
• Visionary - Solid understanding of big data and other related databases and how an organization will be able build data driven products.
• Have a data toolbox – Familiar with technologies relevant to the data such as Hadoop, OLAP databases and visualization tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, Microstrategy, or similar. Experience with, and a thorough understanding of different database management platforms (e.g. Oracle, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Druid).
• Masters in Computer Science or similar is preferred.
• Experience with machine learning models.
• Data and analytics/measurement experience in digital or mobile app environment preferred.
• Experience in Digital Ads experience such as Video and Display Ad measurements will be huge plus.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree.
1. Data analysis skill sets(oracle and big data)
2. Big Data Knowledge
3, QA testing experience Will be doing analysis on data while moving from oracle to AWS(-AWS cloud experience and/or other cloud)
4. Experience with validation - Must be able to read complex SQLS/complex designs
5. SQL, Hive Python must have
6. For building dashboards- Microstrategy is what is used as a reporting tool
- NO VISA Candidates, Greencard holders or US citizens only that can work under a W2.
- We are transitioning skill sets of this team from data quality to data analysis and will be using some new tools in the future- hence the list of tools in the JD.
- The interview process will be through Zoom - initial interview followed by team interview.
- This is remote to start due to the current climate, Please note once we are able to go on-site, this position will be expected to be on site.
- Hours of working- EAST coast hours with expectation for a little flexibility as this team works with offshore India and occasionally CA.
- We are transitioning from On-Prem to Cloud so the expectation is that they will be able to support both.