Title: DAYS - RN Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - Dallas, TX
Shift: Fulltime Days 7:00am - 7:00pm - 3X12's
The Registered Nurse – RN – PCU – Progressive Care Unit RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Medical Center Dallas. In collaboration with patient, patient’s family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN is responsible for assessing the nursing care needs of patients, planning interventions and evaluating outcomes of care. The RN provides direct care and/or supervises nursing care of LVN’s and non-licensed nursing staff. The RN is responsible for providing care consistent with the Nursing Department’s policies, procedures and standards of practice.
RN’s are responsible for providing care, which is appropriate to the age specific (adolescent, adult and geriatric patients), developmental and safety needs of the assigned patient population. In addition to the RN duties and responsibilities, the RN scope includes charge duties. The charge nurse makes patient assignments and supervises and directs the staff and unit activities for the assigned shift.
- TX RN licensure or RN Compact State License
- BLS (AHA)
- ACLS (AHA)
Must have a minimum of one year experience as an RN in a high acuity PCU unit
- Nurse to Patient 4:1
- 36 Bed Unit - Multisystem Progressive Unit - Mixed Acuity
- Unit always at Full Capacity - Fast Paced Environment
- Only Tele experience WILL NOT work for this unit
- Manager wants TRUE PCU experience
- Observation Units are not considered a critical care areas
- Culture- Patient and co-worker friendly