The Underwriting Trainer is responsible for preparing and presenting training materials to Underwriters and support staff. The Underwriter Trainer reports to the Credit Training Director. Training duties encompass a variety of areas including, but not limited to, New Hire Training, Department Specific Training, Compliance Training, and software programs.
Salary: Up to $150K/year
Location: 100% remote
Details: Must have DE Certification and the ability to train UW to become DE Certified. They are flexible on how much training a candidate has in their background. If they are a full-time trainer great, but they are open to a hands-on UW that has experience in new hire training, mentoring, etc. But in this role, they will be 100% a trainer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing and developing training and development programs based on the needs of the department and the individuals needs utilizing various technologies.
- Facilitation of training courses in both live and on-line environments.
- Evaluation of the participant to ensure the subject material is conveyed in an effective manner.
- Working on a team to produce programs that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in the organization.
- Identifying employee developmental/training needs and develop programs/initiatives to meet those needs to enhance performance, morale, and corporate loyalty throughout the organization while reflecting the organizations core values.
- Acting as a liaison between all departments to ensure consistency with practices, manage scheduling of programs.
- Performing miscellaneous duties related to training and development.
Other Related Duties:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: no supervisory responsibilities exist
- Location and Travel: Will be located in our office or remote; travel up to 50% possible.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The individual should be even-tempered and detail-oriented, Mentoring and communication skills are imperative to communicate at all levels
- Must have government mortgage underwriting experience; minimum 5 years
- Must have DE Certification
- SAR/LAPP Certifications a plus
- Training experience is preferred
- Experience using PowerPoint and MS Office suite
- Bachelor's Degree from a Four (4) year College or University; or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Looking for a candidate that has 5+ years of DE UW background.
- They do not require a candidate to have a formal training background. They are open if they have trained new hires or mentored other UW. But really want to get into Training full time.
- Upon starting, they will sit through the on-boarding training for new UW, then participate in training classes, and then finally start to run classes. The time frame will be based on experience. But they will get them up to speed.
- Most of the core training will be training other UW to achieve the DE or other related designations. But will also include new hire training, system training, etc.
- This is a remote role, but the JD has up to 50% travel. No idea when or if they will have in-person training classes in the future. But would love to have a candidate that has some flexibility to travel in the future when safe. Thinking more like 25%. But it may never be any travel.
- Recruiter payout depending on offered salary ranges from $1600 - $2700