As the Director of the Eating Disorder Unit, also known as Reflections oversees the Eating Disorders Inpatient and Outpatient Partial Program. The Director is responsible for staffing, supervision, risk management, quality improvement, and related activities. The Director is responsible for milieu management, shift coordination, interdepartmental communication and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. Participates in formulating organization policy, develops and/or reviews procedures essential to the achievement of objectives and the ability to make recommendations to Senior Management. Serves as a role model, organizes respective department services to meet the goals and objectives of the hospital mission. The Director is responsible for the planning, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of the department staff and fiscal policies of the department. Promote and continually educate employees on the concept of excellent service for all customers of the hospital, to include patients, visitors, physicians and employees. Accountable for creating a system which fosters participation and collaboration in planning, implementing and evaluating standards to insure safe, efficient and therapeutically effective health care.
Specific Job Functions
- Demonstrates expertise in coordinating, directing and managing all aspects of the treatment program.
- Develops policies and procedures which relate to the organization, management and treatment systems of the program and coordinates with the CNO in the development of policies and procedures which relate to clinical and medical consideration.
- Defines the overall philosophy and objectives of the program in accordance with those of the hospital and interprets same to staff.
- Establishes and maintains an organization plan consistent with the overall hospital organization as evidenced by the organization chart.
- Establishes priorities, schedules task completion and meets scheduled deadlines as evidenced by timeliness of reports.
- Develops and implements improvement to unit methods, systems and procedures.
- Chairs or appoints chairperson(s) to committees as needed and as noted by attendance.
- Responsible for constituting the treatment team and for conducting or designating for conduct of treatment planning.
- Develops an internal QA program to maintain high quality patient care.
- Makes rounds regularly to ensure that patient care program functions are appropriate and that patient needs are being met.
- Develops procedures for evaluating the effectiveness of the program's treatment process to assure the program goals and objectives, patient needs and compliance with all applicable quality standards as well as federal, state and local licensure requirements, codes and regulations are being met.
- Develops and maintains a successful and satisfactory inquiry/call system and education system to train all staff involved with process of receiving and follow-up with patient inquiries.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Doctor of Psychology, Master of Psychology or Counseling, or Master of Social Work (MSW).
Current Licensure as a RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact State, or current license in psychology, counseling, or social work in the Commonwealth of Virginia highly preferred.
BLS, CPI non-violent crisis intervention certification required as a part of orientation.
CEDS Certification Required
Five (5) years of Eating Disorders clinical experience and three (3) years Behavioral Health administrative experience.
Reports to CNO
CEDS Certification required
FTE’s: approx. 20 (direct reports)
Compensation: $95k to $105k
BONUS: Up to 15% annual performance incentive bonus
Full benefits package included
Relocation assistance may be available for qualified individuals