Director, Emergency Services TRISTAR SKYLINE MEDICAL CENTER- Nashville, TN
SHIFT: Full-Time, No Weekends
TriStar Skyline Medical Center is Tennessee’s first comprehensive stroke center and a national leader in neuroscience. As an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, TriStar Skyline is a leading provider of emergency care. The facility offers medical and surgical programs, including heart and vascular, oncology, orthopedics/spine, and CARF accredited rehabilitation. Behavioral health services are offered at the TriStar Skyline Madison Campus.
The Director Emergency Services Department assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.
• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
• Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships, networks to deliver upon organizational, and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
• Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
• Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
• Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic external networks.
• Bachelor's degree Nursing Required
• Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field
• 3+ years of experience in emergency services Required
• 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
Licences, Certificates, Education
• Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation. Required
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Required
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) Required
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Required