Director of Infection Prevention Houston, TX
SHIFT: Full Time No Weekends
HCA Houston Healthcare West is a full-service 266 bed hospital that provides a range of health services. It is recognized as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and, under an affiliation agreement with The Woman’s Hospital of Texas, brings to its community The Woman’s Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, are located on the Southwest Freeway at the Williams Trace and Sugar Lakes exit.
- Supervises infection control staff in surveillance, prevention, and intervention of potential nosocomial infections.
- Develops an annual plan for identifying, investigation, reporting and preventing the spread of infections and communicable disease among patients and multi-campus personnel.
- Conducts program evaluations to verify the efficacy and effectiveness of the multi-campus and program specific infection control programs.
- Inspects all departments for infection control hazards and collaborates with directors, managers, and supervisors to assure appropriate compliance.
- Directs multi-campus committees in overseeing the Infection Control program and coordination of program activities.
- Prepares timely, accurate and comprehensive reports and documents pertaining to the infection control program.
- Develops an infection control program, which meets state, federal and accreditation requirements/regulations.
- Cooperates with local community health and emergency management organizations in activities pertaining to disease control.
- Supervises employee health staff in screening, prevention, and intervention of employee health issues.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an annual employee health plan in compliance with regulatory and corporate goals.
- Reduces the risk of injury to staff through risks associated with the hospital environment.
- Promotes awareness among staff regarding safe work practices and use of personal protective equipment.
- Master’s Degree required
- Current Texas RN licensure required if registered nurse
- Certification in Infection Control preferred
- Thorough knowledge of CDC, JCAHO & OSHA guidelines required
- Knowledge of data collection, trending, analysis, and presentation
- Knowledge of infection control methodology and epidemiology
- Three to five years of Infection prevention and control experience required
- Management Experience: Two years of management or previous supervisory experience required. Administrative Skills: Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organization and leadership skills required.
- Equipment/Machine Skills: MUST have advanced computer knowledge required especially in the Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets, TheraDoc and NHSN.