Salary range from $41.99-60.95 hr.
Director of Nursing - Cardiovascular ICU San Antonio, TX
SHIFT: Full time No Weekends 8A-5P
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
- Reports to the Senior Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Facilitates, coordinates and delegates the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period.
- Provides leadership and overall responsibility for the functioning of assigned clinical patient care/procedural unit(s).
- Responsible 24 hours a day, with full accountability, for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Liaison between physicians and the patient care team and works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- Models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing REQUIRED as facility will be going for Magnet status
- Three years recent RN acute care experience.
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit, which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field; 1-year management experience as a charge RN, clinical care manager/supervisor, or manager.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
- Must have current RN license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas. Must have Texas RN license within 90 days of hire.