Director of Quality Management El Paso, TX
SHIFT: Full-time No Weekends
Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
The Director of Quality Management manages the facility quality and performance improvement (PI) programs, including outcomes analysis. Promotes performance improvement staff education and development.
Directs implementation of all aspects of the Quality Management Program including:
• Identification of opportunities to improve patient care
• Planning and facilitating interventions
• Evaluation and sustaining of success
• Teaching PI methods and strategies
• Leadership in PI activities
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED
Required: Bachelor’s Degree with preference given to Nursing, Quality Management or Healthcare Administration or ten years + experience in healthcare quality and patient safety.
Preferred: Master’s degree in healthcare, nursing, quality or business. Advanced training in Quality.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED
- Current licensure in State of Texas
- Certification in Healthcare Quality and/or preferred
- Required: 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience
- Background in Health Information Management, Case Management, or Quality Management
- Understanding of healthcare environment and strong project management skills
- Thorough knowledge of quality principles, theories and tools.
- Data analysis and statistical background knowledge
- Excellent people skills and presentation skills are required
- Preferred: 5-7 years’ experience in strategic planning, performance improvement in an organization to include implementing quality initiatives.
- Advanced degree in the fields mentioned above