Title: Director of Surgical Services – Las Colinas, TX
# of Positions: 1
Schedule: Full time – Days
Position Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
•Bachelor's degree required
•Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
Minimum Work Experience
•3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required
•3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
•MUST have acute care experience
•Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
•Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
•Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
Types of Services: - Strong robotics program for gyn, strong ortho program
# of Cases per year / Annual Volumes: Inpatient Surgeries – 1606 Outpatient Surgeries– 2588 – Births 1670
# of OR’s: 5
#FTE overseeing: 30
Is there Managers/Supervisor: Manager
Who does the Director report to: VP of Surgical Services
· 5 OR’s
· Oversees or, pacu, day surgery – don’t necessarily have people under them
· FTE’s – close to 30
· Strong robotics program for gyn, strong ortho program
· Have 1 XI and 1 SI robot
· Need to be able to have strong relationship building skills, be very visible
· Need to understand clinical aspect
· CEO is a nurse
• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
• Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient rounding Identifies and mentor potential future leaders
• Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
• Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
• Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.