Fee: 20% of the annual salary
Director (RN) of Women's Services, Pasadena Texas at a 364 licensed beds, with a NICU, an Advanced Wound Care Center, and a full complement of hospital services.
SHIFT: Full Time No Weekends
The Director ensures high quality, patient-centered care through oversight of the overall function and staffing of the unit(s)/department(s) in addition to forecasting, planning, and budget monitoring. The Director fosters a culture of accountability and collaboration and supports the development and implementation of strategies, policies, and procedures in support of facility objectives.
- Cultivates a superior clinical identity by identifying and implementing evidence-based practices to advance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensures adherence to standards of care.
- Manages variation in clinical practice to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost. Ensures a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- Stays abreast of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations and actively pursues efforts to achieve.
- Stays abreast of legal and regulatory standards and ensures compliance. Develops and implements policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with all legal/regulatory standards.
- Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Ensures efficient patient throughput and delivery of high quality, patient-centered care through volume forecasting, patient flow coordination, and admission/discharge planning.
- Develops care coordination policies and procedures to promote improved quality, safety, and efficiency in care. Fosters interdisciplinary communication and collaboration within and across departments and ensures staff with appropriate clinical competencies are assigned to meet patient care needs.
- Directs nursing practice and unit operations. Develops policies, procedures, and nursing standards to ensure patient and family needs are assessed, met, and evaluated.
- Provides leadership in attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience. Instills accountability for providing consistent, positive patient interactions that differentiate the organization as a healthcare leader.
- Leverages various feedback mechanisms to benchmark performance and identify opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction. Develops and implements strategies to elevate the patient experience.
- Provides leadership to execute a strategic roadmap designed to enhance patient experience and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and patient experience leaders to ensure compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance patient experience and customer service.
- Fosters a culture that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization. Ensures employees are recognized, valued, and supported. Develops and implements strategies to elevate employee engagement.
- Identifies development opportunities or training needs of individual employees and teams. Provides coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance.
- Builds a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent. Ensures people with the right skills and motivations are in the right role, at the right time, to meet business needs.
- Collaborates with administrative team and physicians to enhance existing services or develop new service offerings.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion or development of new services and product lines to promote growth. Identifies stakeholder engagement strategies, technology advances, and other opportunities to drive differentiation and increase volume.
- Participates in the annual budget process, including input into department revenue and expense forecasts, staffing, and supply and equipment needs. Monitors department budget performance; identifies trends and evaluates variances in relation to established budget. Develops and implements actions to address performance gaps.
- Ensures effective labor management, including position control, scheduling excellence, productivity management, and premium pay utilization. Maintains staffing to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Manages operating expenses, including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Required
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare or Business Administration required
- 3+ years’ experience in Labor and Delivery preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in a nursing leadership role preferred