In collaboration with senior leadership and subordinate staff, plans, implements and evaluates processes related to performance improvement, staffing effectiveness, fiscal management, staff competence and customer service outcomes for Women’s and Infant’s Services. Ensures that regulatory requirements/standards are communicated, implemented and monitored. Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to plan, implement & evaluate activities related to department, hospital and DMC objectives. Models customer service excellence.
1. Assures quality and appropriateness of care. Facilitates and supports the establishment of unit based quality improvement programs and supports continuous improvement processes.* Uses processes and metrics to manage/measure accountability for self and assigned services or units.
2. Creates an environment of shared decision-making. Promotes multidisciplinary collaboration on patient care and related issues. Serves as a facilitator by removing barriers that prevent staff from effectively and efficiently performing their roles
3. Promotes positive customer relations with physicians, patients, families, visitors and employees; follows up on all complaints and provides feedback. Monitors level of patient, staff and physician satisfaction. Adheres to the DMC's Customer Service Standards.*
4. Plans, implements and evaluates staff development & competency maintenance programs. Ensures that elements of performance improvement findings are incorporated into educational programs as appropriate. Supports professional growth and development programs, such as tuition reimbursement and nursing grand rounds. In collaboration with the clinical manager, ensures staff participation in orientation, mandatory and continuing education programs and other staff development opportunities.*
5. Develops, implements, monitors and adjusts capital and operating budgets. Provides variance reports and/or corrective action plans as requested. Mentors subordinate staff in creation and evaluation of budget. Develops, implements and realizes effective cost containment measures.*Collaborates with DMC Finance representatives to create supplemental reports as appropriate.
6. Develops business plans and/or requests for proposals as requested/required.
7. In collaboration with clinical manager and unit staff, interviews, selects, evaluates, counsels, disciplines and terminates unit personnel.* Ensures that appropriate human resource activities are completed on a timely basis and in conformance with established policy. Develops, reviews and/or revises and monitors reports related to retention and recruitment activities.
8. In collaboration with peers & other members of the healthcare team within the facility & system (as appropriate), ensures that all policies, procedures and standards related to assigned unit/service areas, are reviewed/revised as outlined by regulatory standards and that clinical policies are evidence-based. Ensures staff compliance with state, federal laws and regulatory agency standards/requirements.
9. Develops unit/service goals and objectives and strategies which promote the mission, vision and values of the DMC, the individual operating unit and/r clinical service; achieves related goals.*
10. Maintains communication lines between self and staff and among staff, by conducting regular staff meetings and providing opportunities for team building and problem solving within a shared decision-making framework.*
Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, Joint Commission requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
* The essential functions of this job include but are not limited to those marked with an asterisk
1.Masters Degree Required in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration or related field. Of two degrees one must be in Nursing.
2.Three to five years experience, which may be concurrent clinical and/or progressively more responsible management experience.
3.Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
1.Ability to analyze and interpret data/information used to formulate/implement/monitor goals and objectives for patient services.
2.Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and teamwork skills to effectively perform as a manager in support of all services delivered on the patient unit and effectively communicate with patients, families, unit staff and other hospital personnel.
3.Good reading, writing, and comprehension skills to understand, effectively communicate and contribute to procedures/processes/orders/methods/standards.
4.Ability to work productively and effectively in a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and deal with stresses associated with a patient care environment (e.g., medical emergencies, staffing fluctuations, time commitments, varying patient emotions/attitudes/conditions, etc.)
5.Willingness to make a meaningful contribution to the work environment as evidenced through behavior and attitude.
6.Highly developed management skills essential to effectively supervise a large number of employees.
7.Ability to adapt to technologies used in the work environment.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.