Responsible for establishing the service line structure and strategic direction for all trauma service line at the Capital Division. Oversight includes 8 trauma centers (1 Level I, 2 Level II, 4 Level III) spanning 6 markets in 4 states. In collaboration with the enterprise trauma service line team, national clinical services group, division executive team, facility executive teams, and physician leaders, this position will develop goals, objectives and standards of performance that lead to accretive growth initiatives, positive improvements in clinical outcomes, patient and physician satisfaction objectives, and process improvement efficiencies.
The VP serves as a professional expert on trauma services to ensure the delivery of optimal quality trauma patient care as defined by national and state standards of practice. The position ensures trauma center readiness and compliance with the American College of Surgeons and state trauma center regulations. Additionally, the position has oversight of registry data, performance metrics, and research initiatives that produce exemplary optimal quality outcomes and performance for the Capital Division trauma centers. Lastly, this position supports critical air and ground transport initiatives, as well as regional EMS planning.
This includes the analysis, development and ongoing monitoring of strategic and growth plans ensuring focus on new trauma center development, strategic business drivers, service line growth, goals related to service, quality, people, finance, and key community and internal relationships. The sphere of influence also includes responsibility for providing senior strategic and operational leadership for trauma services, evaluation and planning for future trauma service line development, and other services and relationships with government and external organizations.
- Establish an operational structure that incorporates and executes all functional elements of the trauma service line throughout the division via a programmatic and multi-disciplinary approach.
- Champion all service line planning and tracking via data from corporate and division dashboards and metrics.
- Ensure dashboards and tracking tools measure key operational and clinical outcomes, aggregate and compare measurement of key stats across all facilities, and monitor service line P&L.
- Produce and present reports on key performance indicators and other significant benchmarking metrics, implement plans to address variability and poor performance.
- Establish routine service line meetings at each facility and/or market.
- Align initiatives in collaboration with a physician champion for each facility and/or market.
- Assist in the development of clinical protocols that use evidence-based best practices to provide consistency in the performance of cardiovascular services across the division.
- Carries out the strategic and long-range planning for the Division and CSG Trauma Services
- Participates in the development of goals and objectives for trauma services that are in alignment with the HCA Trauma Service line, hospital, division and group strategic plans.
- Defines standards of Trauma care for nursing and patient care services which promote a multidisciplinary approach to coordination of patient care, meets regulatory and legal standards and integrates evidence based practice.
- Advises and consults on new development, trauma center survey readiness, performance metrics and research activities.
- Collaborates with the Trauma Registry Director in registry activities that promote data integrity and reporting performance metrics across the enterprise trauma centers.
- Facilitates gap analysis, coordinates assessment measures and advises on financial pro formas with facilitates for development of trauma centers.
- Position based out of Capital Division Corporate Office, Richmond, VA
- Division consists of 19 Hospitals: VA, NH IN KY
- Reports to: Division SVP of Strategy and Planning
- Trauma leadership experience in an acute care facility required, preferably in a multi-facility environment.
- Ability to work independently and confident in ideas and executing tasks. Excellent communication skills; comfortable and confident in speaking to higher level leaders.
- Some travel required
Compensation: $150K to $155K
BONUS: up to 15% bonus based upon facility performance
Full benefits package included
Relocation assistance may be available for qualified individuals.