Emergency Room Nurse - Cartersville, GA, United States
SHIFT: Full Time Mid Shifts (11a-11p, 1p-1a, 3p-3a)
Cartersville Medical Center is a 119 – bed acute care hospital, Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and Gold Seal Inpatient Diabetes program accredited by the Joint Commission. The Breast Imaging Center of Excellence at The Women’s Center provides mammography services that are gold seal accredited by the American College of Radiology. The Hope Center, a regional, Commission on Cancer approved cancer treatment facility, is conveniently located on the hospital campus and provides over 4,000 treatments with over 300 new patients per year from a ten county region.
Our modern, 30-bed Level III Trauma Center provides a high level of acute care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are prepared and trained for a wide variety of medical conditions. Over 50,000 patients come to us for their emergency needs each year. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
- Emergency Room Nurses are responsible for working as a team with other emergency response personnel in all disciplines of emergency care to deliver high quality care in a fast-paced setting.
- Responsible for triaging patients, responding timely and making accurate decisions in order to provide stabilizing care to individuals in a crisis.
- Must be able to respond to emergencies while assuring open communication with patients and their families, as well as other emergency medical professionals to provide and ensure proper and accurate medical therapeutic intervention.
- Responsible for performing direct patient care using the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation of all assigned patients, infancy through life span.
- Documents all patient care using Meditech
- Previous ER/Critical Care experience preferred
- Outstanding customer service abilities and effective listening skills
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with a current GA RN license
- BLS Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion
- ACLS and PALS certification required within 6 months of hire or promotion
- Complete de-escalation class within 6 months of hire
- Completion of the Behavioral Health competency checklist