On the search for a HUMBLE LEADER to direct our ENVIRONMENTAL practice. Are you a PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER that is PASSIONATE about creating ENDURING RELATIONSHIPS within an INNOVATIVE sector of design professionals? Would you like to make a difference in your community? If so, apply today!
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS THE ENVIROMENTAL DIRECTOR
As the leader of the Environmental Sector, you collaborate with your multiple teams to provide leadership and expertise for the firm. In consultation with Sector Team Leaders, the Sector Director develops, maintains, and deploys a sector strategic business and operational plan. This plan is informed by industry INSIGHT and trends, strategy for expansion, and development of the sector across the firms’ offices. The Environmental Sector Director is expected to formulate the firm's response to the market in terms of INSPIRING CONTRIBUTION, CREATING CHANGE, DRIVING EXECUTION, DEEPENING CREDIBILITY and DEVELOPING PEOPLE. Sector performance and effectiveness in developing strategies to COLLABORATE with other sectors with the firm to create INNOVATIVE, comprehensive, and relevant solutions for the market are the responsibility of the Sector Director.
In addition to leading the Environmental Sector, the director will also focus on coordinating all work of Team Leaders, overseeing and coordinating staffing levels across the Sector, hiring within the Sector, reviewing and approving all contracts, reviewing scopes, and schedules with Clients and holding the team accountable for delivering high quality designs on time, provides oversight and leadership to the development of standards and design tools, monitor in-house support and track performance and provide technical supervision and design of engineering projects related to municipal solid waste management and environmental monitoring. Your EXCEPTIONAL COMMUNICATION skills assist you in developing successful relationships with clients, staff, municipal authorities, vendors, and contractors. You also utilize these skills as you present at hearings, commissions, and council meetings. It is rewarding to know that your hard work makes a positive impact on our community.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- A strong technical background in Solid Waste Management is required with either Municipal or Private solid waste facilities, that may include Energy & Production disposal facilities and environmental monitoring and reporting to state agencies.
- Professional engineer registration in Texas and New Mexico with the ability to become licensed in Oklahoma.
- At least 10 years of experience related to solid waste facility siting, permitting, engineering analysis/design and construction oversight at municipal solid waste management facilities post PE licensure.
- Has or possess the ability to build positive relationships with Clients, subconsultants, public, and co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to organize teams, communicate well and delegate tasks for the betterment of the team. Takes pride in and ownership of team's work.
- Proven track record of successfully leading a marketing team to develop winning proposals and respond to RFP’s.
- Experience at preparing and presenting to potential clients in response to RFP’s if requested.
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads to achieve Parkhill`s ambitious growth targets.
- Must have excellent command of the English language, excellent verbal, and written communication skills as well as critical problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits a keen interest in a high standard of quality and accuracy.
- Civic involvement and experience on local, regional, state, and national solid waste focused organizations, boards and commissions is preferred.
- Inspirational team builder and leader accustomed to managing and mentoring groups across multiple geographic locations.
- Strong work-ethic with a servant-leadership mentality.
- Possess the ability to understand the client’s business model at a very high level and serve as a Trusted Advisor for developing business solutions and resolving technical issues that arise.
- Excellent business acumen.