Front-End App Developer – Leetonia near Youngstown, Ohio
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that’s why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You'll Do
We are currently seeking a Front-End App Developer to be based at our Back-end software development agency located in Leetonia, Ohio. This is a contract-to-hire role, working under contract for a period of one year with Team Sports. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a global brand in an exciting industry!
This role is designed to strictly focus on creating a premium app experience for Wilson’s newest venture: Wilson Live. Using NFC chip technology, we are enabling a strategic mix of game balls and licensed retail product to interact with our avid/fan driven consumers on a dynamic level. Users scan our “Live-Enabled” products to unlock member-exclusive content, deals, and prizes for properties including NFL100, the Evolution basketball community, AVP beach volleyball, and The French Open at Roland Garros. Candidates who can see the vision/potential of our technology and are excited to pioneer a fresh idea in the sports will thrive in this role!
We are looking for a strong mobile app developer who welcomes both engineering and maintenance tasks. The primary focus will be to implement new user interfaces and features together with automated unit and integration tests. Attention to user experience and details is priority.
As the Front-End App Developer, you will be working with our start-up minded and collaborative team, where your knowledge and advice about application architecture and the newest mobile technologies will be highly appreciated. The code you write will need to be cleanly organized and of the highest quality. You’ll also help ensure solid application performance and an excellent user experience.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Developing new features and user interfaces from wireframe models
· Ensuring the best performance and user experience of the application
· Fixing bugs and performance problems
· Writing clean, readable, and testable code
· Cooperating with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and
· high-quality solutions
· Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
· Design interfaces to improve user experience
· Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
· Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
What We're Looking For
This role requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. We are looking for a candidate with extensive knowledge about mobile app development, including the whole process from the first line of code to publishing in the store(s).
Other qualifications include:
· Deep knowledge of React Native and the mobile technologies it supports (iOS, Android)
· 2-5 years experience
· Proficiency with writing automated tests
· Familiarity with the JSON format
· Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications
· Familiarity with Git
· Familiarity with push notifications
· Familiarity with Core NFC and Core Bluetooth
· Familiarity with Facebook and other social APIs
· Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
· Ability to perform in a team environment
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.