Who We Are:
We are the largest distributor of high performance plastics in North America, and part of a family consisting of 16 separate brands, which provide comprehensive supply chain coordination to the industry's leading manufacturers, distributing plastic sheets, rods and films through our 90+ locations. We proudly service major industries in aerospace, signage & print graphics, transportation, manufacturing, semiconductor, marine, military & government, medical and more! We are proud to be one of the top providers of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to frontline workers in the battle against COVID-19 throughout our communities. Our vision is to expand the availability and usefulness for plastics as the world’s leading distributor exemplifying core values of hard work, continuous self-improvement, empowerment, honesty, and integrity.
We are looking for an extraordinary Inside Sales Representative to support the overall success of the Profit Center. The successful candidate will have sound business/sales experience, exceptional work ethic, and strong interpersonal skills.
The Inside Sale Representative will serve as the primary sales and account management representative to existing and new accounts within the assigned territory. In this role, you will be responsible for increasing sales and distribution within the territory by growing and maintaining the customer base and relationships.
- As a representative of the company, you must always exude our core values of honesty, integrity, hard work, continuous self-improvement, and one that thrives on empowerment,
- Must increase sales and distribution with existing and new accounts.
- Minimum 3 years field experience in sales or territory management.
- Must successfully introduce new products and work with current and prospective customers to meet desired sales and service needs.
- Must efficiently process product orders and maintain frequent contact with accounts.
- Must respond to customer inquiries and complaints quickly and effectively.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Work independently, and with your Outside Sales Representative to prospect new business and grow existing accounts to achieve sales revenue, volume, and distribution objectives in assigned territory
- Quote customers, overcome objections, assist with sales related inquiries, and answer questions about products, pricing, availability
- Become the subject matter expert and take pride and ownership of your list of customers, and your products
- Enter orders into CRM, follow-up on quotes, and work with the purchaser and warehouse team to ensure on-time deliveries
- Identify prospective customers and create new opportunities by using business directories, and following leads from existing customers/vendors
- Work closely with coworkers to create an environment for success.
- Maintain customer records and perform other duties as required.
What we’re looking for (the must haves!):
- Previous experience in distribution or plastics industry is a must
- A self starter, team player, with a “Can do!” attitude is a must
- College or University Degree
- Sales/Business/Marketing experience
- Excellent communication skills , strong negotiation skills, and a solid grasp of math
- Able to quickly learn and operate the software used to process orders
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Able to work well independently and in a team setting
- Familiar with business concepts, best practices and sales techniques
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, sales control, and competitive analysis
Benefits: We offer a competitive base salary, Profit Sharing, dental, medical and life insurance, 401k with matching benefits, tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave and more..
Questions from the employer
- Are you a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder? If not, what is your work authorization?
- Where are you currently located? How far is the travel time to the location? Are you willing to relocate if needed?
- Do you have experience in distribution or plastics industry? How many years and what was your role? (This is a must have!)
- How many years of field experience do you have in sales / marketing / business development / territory management?
- What is your highest educational attainment? Should be a college or university degree.
- What is your expected annual base pay?