Our key client is experiencing tremendous growth and is adding to their software engineering team. We are hiring multiple Java Developers for a direct hire role in Fort Meade, MD.
- $140K - 220K DOE
- Fort Meade, MD
Maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade- offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Shall possess the following capabilities:
· Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
· Debug existing software and correct defects
· Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
· Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
· Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
· Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
· Write or review software and system documentation
· Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
· Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
· Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
· Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
· Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
· Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
· Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
· Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
· Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
· Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
· Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
· Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
Seven (7), Fourteen (14), or twenty (20) years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Must (client will verify)
- Candidates must have a Top Secret clearance w/fullscope polygraph
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.
Questions from the employer
- Does the candidate have at least a Top-Secret clearance? (no exemptions)
- Please confirm the candidate has at least 7+ years’ experience as in software development. (If you are not degreed must have 5 years more of experience for a total of 12)