Job Title: Lead, Network Planning Enginner
Job Location: Chantilly, VA
- Responsible for assisting in planning and implementing the necessary hardware, software and telecommunications equipment to maintain and/or enhance the customer’s local and wide-area networks.
- Evaluate vendor products and recommend purchases consistent with the organization’s short and long-term objectives.
- Recommend and implement network policies and procedures and ensure adherence to security procedures.
- Candidate will help troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain networks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve medium to complex network issues.
- Provide Tier II support for staff; may require after-hours, phone or on-site support.
- Provide in-depth knowledge and technical expertise in the areas of design, installation, maintenance, and support of network infrastructure following established methodologies and processes.
- Perform hardware scans, analysis, and documenting findings.
- Support/facilitate customer meetings and ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Perform extensive root cause analysis, problem determination and support of technical issues related to routing and switching technologies, e.g. VPN, basic router configurations, firewalls, etc.
- Self-motivation, able to work well independently and within inter-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 5 years of hands-on experience with Juniper, Cisco, or equivalent network equipment.
- 5 years working knowledge of Layer-3, VPNs, OSPF, firewall policy, and VLAN management.
- Experience with virtual environment (e.g. VSphere and ESXi) management and configuration.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior related experience.
- Graduate Degree and minimum 7 years of prior related experience.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (e.g. A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Security + CE, Network+ CE, or SSCP).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 3 certification (e.g. CASP+ CE, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH.
- TS/SCI with active Poly is highly desirable.
- Proficient in WAN optimization and QOS.
- Significant knowledge of routing protocols (e.g. EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, and Multicast).
- Significant knowledge of LAN Switching concepts (e.g. Spanning tree, 802.1q, VTP, bridging concepts).
- Experience with Network Management tools and protocols (Wire Shark, SNMP Managers, SevOne, NetFlow, etc.).
- Vendor certifications (i.e. Cisco, Juniper, etc.) in routing and switching, firewall, IDS/IPS, and/or other network disciplines.
- VMware experience with installation, support and optimization; includes VMware vSphere 6.x vSAN deployments and maintenance/upkeep and VMware vSphere 6.x HA/DRS deployments.
- Storage technologies (SAN, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, FCoE, etc).
- Good fault isolation/identification skills; analytical skills and experience with forward/reverse chaining troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with IP Telephony, video teleconferencing technologies, and large data walls (e.g. Cisco Call Manager).
- Knowledge of DISA STIG process/requirements.
- Previous experience supporting DoD/IC/Government customers.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.