The Security Systems Specialist will be responsible for programming, administering, documenting and implementing programming standards for the Splunk Lenel system. This position shall also map out the Lenel system architecture for all future and planned projects while working in lockstep with the Splunk IT department to ensure all IT requirement are met and communicated both internally and externally. Located in Mclean, VA, the Security Systems Specialist shall provide systems administration, installation troubleshooting, configuration, commissioning/testing and documentation support services to Splunks security infrastructure and supporting groups.
Discrete Duties Include:
- Pre-program all Lenel access control projects
- Communicate with Splunk IT all requirements needed for active and future projects.
- Perform all commissioning and testing with field for all Lenel projects.
- Provide management and administrative support for the Lenel System
- Provide design, configuration, commissioning and documentation support for all access control security projects.
- Provide technical guidance for projects.
- Provide technical support for end users, systems administrators and service support technicians on Splunk projects.
- Working in a team environment, triage and troubleshoot Tier2-level problems by leveraging personal skill sets, compiled knowledge databases and by collaborating as required with Splunk team members, peers and leadership.
- Document issues and resolutions as realized for trend analysis and lessons learned capture.
- Escalate issues requiring manufacturer/vendor assist to appropriate vendor and/or senior applications engineering support.
- Maintain the highest levels of customer focus and satisfaction, responding promptly and thoroughly to issues as encountered by the security support team.
- Assist in training and SOP development.
- Ensuring continued operation of Lenel system by providing direct administrative and technical assistance to operations staff, system integrator and system manufacturer.
- Perform advanced remote diagnostics with security integrators' field technicians and coordinate internal and external resources.
- Responsible for the management of testing and deploying of application upgrades and patches.
- Work closely with Splunk IT department to facilitate upgrades and Patched
- Must have current certification as a Lenel Certified Professional (LCP)
- Comprehensive industry knowledge of security systems technology including, but not limited to:
- Access Control
- Intrusion Detection
- Experience with ancillary physical security countermeasures and disciplines (IP intercom, analytics, perimeter security, etc.)
- Database knowledge and experience
- Strong IP Networking skills.
- Requires four (4)+ years of experience programming/administrating Access Control Systems and CCTV.
- Requires four (4)+ years of experience with installation, troubleshooting and testing of security electronics equipment.
- Requires four (4)+ years of system administrator experience in performing triage on system problems, resolving the system problems, analyzing system data to prevent problems, and implementing new workstations and systems.
- Requires three (3)+ years experience with troubleshooting security devices on an enterprise network.
- Requires three (3)+ years experience working with service integrators in troubleshooting and resolving field hardware issues.
- Avigilon, MIR3, SQL, SEOS, OSDP, BRIVO, AXIS, BluBox experience a plus
- Knowledge of basic field troubleshooting techniques for low voltage systems (ground faults, shorts, use of test equipment like a Multi meter, etc.).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite, as well as laptops and desktops. Able to troubleshoot and effect configuration changes to both Windows-based and MAC-based desktops and laptops as required.
Personal and Interpersonal Qualifications:
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Assertive, self-starter, exhibits a strong sense of urgency.
- Exceptional professionalism and customer-service skills.
- The desire and ability to have an impactful conversation with users about their support needs and requirements.
- Strong organizational skills. Must be task oriented, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented environment and highly motivated to provide a positive user experience.
- Independent critical and creative thinking.
- Skilled at problem solving.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under substantial deadlines and pressure.
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors
- McLean, VA, onsite 5 days a week, and actively partner with Splunk stakeholders.
- Ability to work occasional outside regular business hours as required to support our global Regional Security Managers and offices
- Ability to work with multiple partners including end users
- Able to take direction and take initiative while setting priorities aligned with S&S department goals.
- This role is a full-time position, to be performed Monday-Friday, 8a-5p Eastern Time. Flexible work schedule – some late evenings and weekend work is necessary
This role will be onsite at the Splunk site in Mclean, VA. Travel requirement less than 25% - in the event of travel, all expenses will be billed as pass through plus administration fee on a monthly basis. JCI will comply with all Splunk travel policies.
JCI will provide training for the candidate for up to two weeks per year on mutually agreed upon technologies, and will be responsible for tuition and expenses, Splunk will only be responsible for labor associated with the time spent in class.