MANAGER OF CASE MANAGEMENT - Eastside Medical Center, Snellville, GA
SHIFT: Full-time Days (rotating weekends)
Eastside Medical Center has been a healthcare leader for more than 38 years providing quality care to patients in Gwinnett and surrounding counties. Eastside is a 310-bed, multi-campus system of care offering comprehensive medical and surgical programs including cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, rehabilitation, maternity with neonatal intensive care, behavioral health, bariatric, urgent care, and 24-hour emergency care at two locations.
- The Case Management Manager provides supervision and coordination of the Case Manager Program within the Case Management Department.
- The Case Management Manager is responsible for hiring, completing performance evaluations and competency assessments of staff per HCA policy and following the disciplinary process with the assistance of the Director.
- This position, along with staff designee, provides orientation to new employees.
- Manager assures that staff stays current with practice guidelines through use of continuing education, training and provision of clinical supervision. It is expected that this position collaborate within the Case Management Department, nurse managers, staff nurses, physicians, ancillary departments and community resources to ensure that a safe, acceptable discharge plan is in place for all patients seen per policy.
- Associate’s degree in nursing is required; bachelor’s degree is preferred, from an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN license
- 3-5 years of experience in acute care (hospital) case management required
- Case Management certification [CCM or ACM] not required but preferred