Compensation: Salary range from $75,000 and is based on years of experience. Sign on bonus is available on a case by case basis. Relocation assistance available up to $5K and is based on mileage.
Manager of Case Management (RN) Houston, TX at a full-service 266-bed hospital that provides a range of health services.
SHIFT: Full time No Weekends
The Manager of Case Management is a registered nurse with twenty-four hour (24) - Seven (7) day/week, responsibility for all operational aspects of their respective unit.
The position encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of professional leadership.
The Manager of Case Management establishes departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-effective patient care, while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of their department with those at the hospital.
The Manager of Case Management into all ongoing operations and activities of the department integrates the philosophy of continuous quality improvement (CQI).
What qualifications you will need:
* Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
* Bachelor degree required, BSN
* Two years supervisory or management experience required
* Three to five years previous case management experience
* Knowledge and understanding of Medicare IPPS rules and regulations
* In-depth knowledge of case management, discharge planning, and utilization review practices and ability to incorporate current trends successfully
* Must be proficient to expert in use of software conducive to developing and presenting program deliverables including, but not limited to, the Microsoft Office Suite
* Must have strong clinical, analytical, written, verbal and presentation skills
* Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with a focus on the importance of teamwork
* Registration with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
* Case Management certification desirable
* Current CPR course completion
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.