Responsible for development, implementation and quality improvement of the regional employee health program and employee health department. Responsible for leadership and supervision of employee health staff, and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and accrediting bodies. Promotes health and safety to prevent caregiver illness and injury.
1. Provide leadership and strategic direction to regional employee health department and program with oversight of caregiver vaccination program, regional workers compensation and modified duty programs, ergonomic and safe patient handling initiatives, and OSHA and BLS record keeping and reporting.
2. Develop and monitor department budget.
3. Manage staffing, scheduling, and performance development of employee health staff.
4. Assess caregiver injury risk and identify injury/illness trends; coordinate recommendations for injury prevention strategies. Collaborate with regional and system partners to foster a culture of safety. Provide content expertise and recommendations for safe patient handling program.
5. Partner with community health department and infection prevention to monitor emerging infectious diseases to prevent disease transmission. Lead post exposure surveillance and treatment plans.
6. Direct departmental collaboration with Human Resources to ensure caregiver support and return to work as related to Worker’s Compensation, non work related health issues, and ADA support.
7. Support system standardization, stewardship and quality improvement in Employee Health, Worker’s Compensation, and Safety through counterpart teams and focus groups.
8. Provide direct nursing assessment and care consistent with RN scope of practice, education, experience, license, and certification.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Registered Nurse with Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field. Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree is preferred.
• Nursing experience in an employee health setting preferred.
• Minimum of three years progressively responsible leadership experience in related field.
• Experience with Worker’s Compensation, regulatory agencies, and OSHA preferred.
• Current RN License
• Occupational Health Nursing and Case Management certification preferred
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• Proficiency with computer and MS Office Suite and clinical applications
• Demonstrated leadership and collaboration
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Clinical assessment and nursing process
SHMC PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Relocation Assistance Available
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please be sure to showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be forwarded to the client along with the resume.