Manager of Ortho Spine
The Manager is responsible to direct and coordinate the departmental function and plan for the delivery of patient care while containing costs. To maintain working conditions which enhance the competence, autonomy and accountability of the employees on the unit. To ensure adherence to hospital and departmental business/strategic plan and to nursing procedures , standards and practices. As a member of the Medical Center of Arlington team, the employee makes a significant contribution to the public's perception of the hospital through patient care/treatment with consideration of the age/condition of the patient. Patient population served include early adult to geriatric adult. The employee performs additional tasks/activities as assigned.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Requires basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process; requires knowledge, ability and judgement necessary to:
1) Exercise judgement within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act.
2) Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
3) Create or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization and nursing standards
4) Promotes effective communication within the multi-professional team
5)Requires understanding of management and delegation principles.
6) Performs additional assignments/activities as assigned.
Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required
MSN - Preferred
3-5 years experience as a staff nurse in the clinical area - REQUIRED
2-3 years Management Experience in Med Surg - PREFERRED
Will consider charge nurse experience if candidate has 5+ years MS experience and good tenure with employment
29 beds in Unit