Why this job is awesome!
A lot feels uncertain these days, but if you're anything like me (and like the rest of us), one thing that remains as constant as ever: the need to eat. Good food, fast is one of today's humblest and yet most refined luxuries. What about a chance to help make that happen? To help make it better?
This company - still in stealth mode but already grown to nearly 200 employees - is bracing to revolutionize the way we all get our hands on the absolute best food as quickly as possible. While we can't give away the secret sauce just yet (apply to find out more!), this company has a recipe for success. With backing from some of the most seasoned investors in the game and a diverse team of smart, hard-working folks crafting one of the most exciting new ideas to hit the market, your competitive compensation, smart peers, and equity are all just icing on the cake.
As the Manager of the ERP Culinary Production Master Schedule, you will be responsible for using your knowledge of the production processes and ERP system to generate, maintain, and carryout the production schedule for our high volume/high mix Culinary Operation. You will work hand in hand with culinary management, material handlers, and production clerks to optimize resources and materials to ensure deadlines and company objectives are met. You will own the production related ERP Master Data, taking into account batch sizes, work centers, sequences, and other production related inputs. You have exceptional attention to detail and are obsessive about operational efficiency and accuracy & data cleanliness.
What will you do?
- Understand the nuances of ERP system data inputs and their effects on each of the stages of the production process
- Coordinate, plan, schedule & supervise products throughout the production process.
- Assume a leadership role in resolving shortages of manufactured materials and other challenges that require planning escalation through operations
- Participate in long-range planning analysis for manufacturing work centers and drive planning parameter optimization to hit key metrics
- Interface with demand forecasting team and represent the commissary production group in the S&OP process
- Lead Daily and weekly production Planning Meetings
- Incorporate and build culinary best practices into production planning parameters
- Work with CI Team to report and visualize measures for various functions with the Production operation.
- Work hand in hand with the Culinary Production team. Capture their inputs and translate them into ERP scheduling parameters.
- Manage Production scheduling staff – clerks, junior schedulers, material handlers, etc.
What are you like?
- 5+ years of Production Scheduling/Planning in a high mix/high volume Production Environment
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Dynamics
- Ability/Passion for fast-paced Production Environment
- Ability to communicate complex system and topics in a clear and concise manner
- Self-Starter with the ability to think strategically and also manage the tactical.
- Strong Analytical abilities