â¢ Compensation: Salary range from $37.84- $53.76 per hr. and based on years of experience. Sign on bonus and relocation assistance available on a case by case basis.
Manager (RN) Emergency Services - Houston, TX at a full-service hospital that provides a range of health services.
SHIFT: Full time No Weekends
* Supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the facility
* Functions as Nurse Manager on all shifts when delegated as such
* Models a culture of outstanding customer service for employees, patients, families, and physicians. Displays positive customer service behaviors
* Responsible and accountable for nursing care rendered to patients and families within the Emergency Department based upon the nursing process - assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care is in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
* Responsible for coordinating and integrating interdepartmental and intradepartmental services.
* Communicates with CNO, administrator on site (AOS), Nurse Director, Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Managers regarding patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences
* Recommends and assists in the selection of a sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care and treatment.
* Maintains the Performance Improvement activities of the department as appropriate.
* Responsible for orienting, in-service training, and continuing education for all staff within the Emergency Department.
* Determines and ensures the competence of all staff members is assessed, maintained, demonstrated, and improved on an ongoing basis.
* Maintains and coordinated evaluations of staff in timely manner
* Maintains good departmental relationships and effectively communicates with patients, families, physicians and c-workers with appropriate referrals to the department director as appropriate.
* Maintains accurate time and attendance through the payroll system.
* Maintains accuracy of EMTALA Log and ED Dashboard * Coordinates and ensures daily staffing ratios appropriate for the provision of care with the departmental standard.
* Supports the provision of patient care through supply management and Point of Use Compliance.
* Maintains and improves own professional knowledge.
* Must meet the position requirements for the Assistant Nurse Manager in the Emergency Department. Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement program in adult ED and the Pedi ED all related nursing audits for QA program, including eMar reports
- At least 5 years of Emergency Department experience with 2 years management experience within the Emergency Department preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Registered Nurse, BSN preferred. Educational requirements should be appropriate for meeting age-specific needs of all patients.
- Applicant must have or obtain Texas licensure with the State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- ENPC or PALS certified.
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire, unless currently certified then needs to be maintained.
- 2 acute stroke educational activities attended annually
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.