The Maintenance Technician Mechanical is a specialized technician who follows a specific training program and is a member of the maintenance team with the important role of maintaining the reliability of our equipment. The Maintenance Technician Mechanical is responsible for doing modifications on corrective and preventive maintenance, to minimize the failures in electric and mechanical equipment in order to prevent either lost time or poor quality data by ensuring that their assigned equipment is maintained as per Segment standards.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensures all assigned equipment is continually maintained at shop with highest standards, resulting in proper functionality and minimum failures.
- Performs equipment repair and modification in a competent complete manner in accordance with documented procedures and workmanship standards.
- Efficiently troubleshoots and repairs assigned equipment.
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis of failures.
- Records all maintenance and failure events immediately and accurately using the most up to date Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Drives their workflow and ensures data entry is accurate, timely and honestly.
-Makes recommendations to supervisors on requirements for spare parts, test equipment and tools necessary for efficient maintenance.
3 years technical degree.
2 years of experience as a Mechanical Technician in an industrial environment