Salary range from $24.96- Min- $30.58 (mid), Diff for 3rd Shift- $2.50 and Weekend Diff $1.00
Medical Technologist Nashville, TN
SHIFT: Full-time Nights (rotating weekends)
Shift Details: 12 hour shifts, 3 days per week, 6:30 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.
TriStar Spring Hill ER is a full-service, free-standing emergency department staffed by board-certified physicians and emergency care staff. In addition to the physician specialties mentioned, the ER has dedicated medical laboratory and imaging diagnostic services, telemedicine technology for consult with specialists, and features a helipad for expedited transport to area hospitals for seriously ill or injured patients.
The Medical Technologist examines and analyzes specimens such as blood, urine, sputum, or feces. At CMC the type of tests they perform depend on the testing department(s) in which they work. Some technologists may work as generalists and test in all of the Laboratory Disciplines. Testing is done using both sophisticated computerized equipment, and manual methods such as microscopy requiring precise observational skills.
1. Extensive knowledge of physiology and function of the normal human body, and the changes in the body from disease relevant to the testing in their assigned testing section.
2. Processes and performs preanalytic inspection of specimens for identification and testing acceptability.
3. Performs laboratory test(s) within any of the Laboratory Specialties on patient specimens, evaluates test results, and report/enter/verify test results in Laboratory Information System.
4. Evaluates new and/or modified procedures, reagents and instruments as needed. Assists Section Coordinator with implementation of new tests and procedures as needed.
5. Performs and evaluates periodic quality control per policy and procedure. Performs calibration and calibration verification, and instrument correlations when due. Troubleshoots all instruments. Adheres to all Quality Assurance procedures.
6. Assists in training new employees/students.
7. Communicates laboratory test knowledge and test results in a professional and appropriate manner.
8. Exhibits and adheres to ICARE Standards of Behavior in all areas of job duties and responsibilities.
9. Participates in hospital initiatives and in department goals set by the Laboratory Director.
1. State of TN Medical Technologist License
2. Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or equivalent
3. Demonstrated experience with each of the required areas of expertise
4. Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with all staff, patients, patient families and vendors
5. Good computer skills