Our client has an urgent need for Mortgage Loan Closers. Mortgage Loan Closers are responsible for reviewing the required, signed closing documents to determine that our closing instructions were met and all required signatures are present and correct. This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
- Monitor the pipeline of files due to fund
- Be proactive and pull in refinances as early as possible to avoid last-minute issues
- Be the last person to verify our Closing verbal verification of employment is in the file and is within 10 days of the closing
- Communicate clearly with title companies and all pertinent parties involved in the transaction
- Work quickly on purchases, making them a time priority due to parties waiting
- Follow up on missing items, collect them, and upload them into the LOS system
- Communicate and work alongside Post Closing to ensure all trailing docs are received and shipped
- Communicate clearly to team members each day prior to leaving what may be missing so action can be taken in your absence.
- Issue funding release numbers to title and document such number within the LOS
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 4-year college degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of mortgage-related experience.
- Basic knowledge of loan documentation.
- Advanced computer skills including Excel and Outlook.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Familiar with reading and interpreting insurance policies, tax information, prelims, appraisals and settlement statements.
- Knowledge of MDIA and RESPA disclosure requirements.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- 1-2 years loan funding experience preferred but not required.