NIGHTS - ICU RN - Fort Worth, Texas
Full-time days 7P-7A (rotating weekends)
The ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ADN Required
- Bachelor's (BSN) preferred, required within 3 years of employment
- ACLS and BLS
- Advanced Nursing Certification preferred, or obtained within 12 months of employment
- Specialty certification preferred
- 1 year minimal experience - Prefers 2 years experience - ICU Experience ONLY in an acute care hospital setting
- 8 Beds
- Small unit VERY FAST PACED
- Manager is very big on the resume and how candidates present