Salary range from $34.99-$49..49 hr.
Nurse Manager - Critical Care ICU San Antonio, TX
SHIFT: Full time 8A-5P No Weekends
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our Suzell Waller Women’s pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time. Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 5 consecutive rating periods, as well as Leapfrog’s Top General Hospital award in 2017. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
- Responsible to the Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Facilitate, coordinate and delegate the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period.
- Responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- The Nurse Manager models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy actively supports the Mission and Vision of the MHS and effectively maintains the hospital’s Standards of Care and Practice.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred, Master’s degree highly preferred.
• At least 3 years clinical acute care nursing experience.
• 1-year management experience as full time or relief charge nurse, clinical care manager, or Nursing Administrative Supervisor desirable.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Evidence of continued professional development.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferable.
Minimum License Required:
Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.