$37.84 - $52.50/hr.
Nurse Manager - Labor and Delivery (RN) Houston, TX at full-service 266 bed hospital that provides a range of health services.
SHIFT: Full time No Weekends
Under the general supervision of the Director, the Nurse Manager assumes responsibility for all functions in the assigned unit. In collaboration with the Director and members of the medical staff, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of quality of patient care services provided in the department by all levels of practitioners.
* Initiates, guides, and directs the coordination of all functions for the assigned unit.
* Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
* Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided in the assigned unit.
* Makes decisions regarding activities within the department based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Department of Nursing Standards in collaboration with the Director in unusual situations.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
* B.S.N. required.
* Current licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse.
* Minimum of three years clinical experience in area of specialty with an emphasis on leadership and management.
* Current verification of competency in BLS is required.
* Computer skills preferred.
* Certificates as requested by department
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.