Nurse Manager - Labor and Delivery (RN) Webster, TX at a 531-bed inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty service hospital
SHIFT: Full Time No Weekends
* Responsible and accountable for nursing care rendered in the department, based on the Nursing Process -- assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
* Performs perinatal assessments.
* Performs nursing care for perinatal patients.
* Integrates service into the organization's primary functions. Displays "Reflection of Excellence" standards.
* Continuously assesses and improves the performance of care and services provided.
* Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
* Demonstrates appropriate usage and understanding of equipment used in the department.
* Assist in ensuring supplies and equipment is available for use. * Responsible for coordinating and integrating interdepartmental and intradepartmental services.
* Acts as clinical resource for the staff.
* Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
* Responsible for orienting and providing in-service training and continuing education for all persons in the department.
* Model and reinforces behavior with goals for teaching the patient; communicates patient status to appropriate members of the healthcare team. Provides support to the family members, as needed.
* Responsible for maintaining a customer-friendly atmosphere.
* Responsible for ensuring orders are entered thru Epom and medications documented in Emar.
* Performs disciplinary counseling for staff as assigned by Nurse Director.
* Other duties as assigned by Nurse Director.
* 5 years experience as a Staff Registered Nurse in a Labor and Delivery setting required in an acute care setting
* Two years of management or Charge Nurse Experience preferred.
* B.S. Nursing preferred.
* Educational requirements appropriate for meeting population-specific needs of all patients on the unit.
* Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners.
* Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
* ACLS is required.
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification required.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.