This position is willing to accept new grads.
Shift details: 4 days a week. Monday – Thursday 10 hour shifts. One of the days is
open for procedures at the hospital.
● 60% OB 40% GYN
Call Coverage: Weekend call – 1:3
● Graduate of an accredited medical school with a current, unencumbered Arizona
state license to practice medicine.
● Valid DEA number.
● Board Eligible/Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and
● Ability to become privileged/credentialed at local hospitals and credentialed with
Canyonlands’ contracted health plans.
● Must not be excluded from participation in federal health care programs (as
determined by the OIG).
● CPR certified (BLS/ACLS).
● Possess a valid driver’s License.
Three (3) plus years of directly related clinical experience at a community health center.
Additional details about the assignment:
● 160 Deliveries per Year among All Providers
● Full Support Staff. 2 Family Practice w/OB that can do CS
● Examines the patient for symptoms or to determine physical information. Orders,
interprets, and executes various tests and diagnostic images to provide
information on patient’s condition. Analyzes reports and findings of tests and
examinations to present accurate diagnoses. Refers patients to medical
specialist(s) for consultant services when necessary for further evaluation and
● Provides colposcopy and other gynecological procedures appropriate in the
● Provides required gynecological and obstetrical surgical & non-surgical
procedures for patient, both inpatient and ambulatory; or arranges for other
physicians to provide these services.
● Provides prenatal services for high-risk pregnant patients.
● Supervises or participates in patient emergencies as required.
● Administers or prescribes treatments. Prescribes medications, dosage and
schedule in accordance with patient diagnoses, condition, and allergies.
● Promotes health and wellness by advising patients about family planning, diet,
physical activity, and hygiene along with methods for prevention of disease.