OR Nurse Manager, Mission Hospital, Asheville, NC
Shift: Full Time
Mission Hospital is a 763-bed healthcare facility located in Asheville, North Carolina. The hospital is known for being the region's only Level II trauma center, as well as being home to the only children's hospital in the western portion of the state. Mission Hospital offers a variety of services, including women's services, sports medicine, and neurological care. The hospital's cardiovascular services include the only open heart and interventional cardiology in the region. The quality of the facility's services has earned much recognition, such as being named among the nation's best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Truven Health Analytics, and Healthgrades.
Responsible and accountable for daily operations of a designated clinical area. Advocates and allocates resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, quality and compassionate nursing care based on current standards of practice. Integrates clinical, human resource, and financial data to support decision making. Promotes research and integrates evidence-based practice into clinical, operational, and leadership processes. Ensures compliance with regulatory and professional standards.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or BSN with MBA, MHA or related field; or by currently signed commitment letter. Those new to the role must become actively enrolled within 6 months and complete within 3 years. Any exemptions from the master's degree requirement must be approved by CNO Council.
- Master's Degree in Nursing.
- Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON.
- National Certification in area of specialty within one year of accepting the role. Certification may be in leadership or area of clinical practice. Those actively pursuing degree must obtain national certification within 1 year of graduation. Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider
- A minimum of five years of recent nursing experience; 2 years in relevant clinical hospital experience with demonstrated leadership skills
- Previous leadership experience in an acute care facility
Must be a seasoned OR Nurse leader in an acute facility with Da Vinci robotics experience
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.